Well spring is here, and it is time to look back at the past 12 months of beer and see who the best performers were in 2010/2011.
While not all of the beers below were reviewed this year, they were all tasted at least once. Many, such as all the GIB (The Mingler) and Okanagan Spring Pale Ale beers were tasted many many many many times, and have proven to maintain their quality extremely well for many many … years.
Other beers, former award winners, have fallen in quality, and are now off our list.
Lastly, if you don’t see a beer you love, please recommend something in the comment section, or tweet us @lagerblogger.
Okay, enough chit chat, here goes:
Best Pale Ale
- Vancouver Island Brewing Piper’s Pale Ale
- Okanagan Spring Pale Ale
- GIB English Bay Pale Ale
- Bowen Island Extra Pale Ale
Best Winter Ale
Best Flavoured Beer
Best Dark Beer
- Tin Whistle Black Widow Mild Ale
- Okanagan Spring Brewmaster’s Dark Lager
- Nelson Brewing After Dark Delightfully delicious ale
- Vancouver Island Brewing Hermann’s Dark Lager
Worst Beer (Sorry)
- Dead Frog Brewing Pepper Lime Lager*
- Phillips Gentleman Jim’s Real Ginger Ale
- Howe Sound Brewing Father John’s Winter Ale
*this beer was so offensive that I didn’t have the heart to publish the review.
Best Sampler Cases